The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Top 12 Books Read in 2014

I said on Twitter that I would make this list because I had such a hard time picking a winner for the 2013/2014 WISB Awards.  Basically, this list is my guilt getting the better of me, because I love so many things and hate having to pick.

So, in no particular order (because I cannot rank these books without feeling as though I have committed a great atrocity against these authors), here are my top 12 books read in 2014:

Breach Zone by Myke Cole (Ace Books)

The Violent Century by Lavie Tidhar (Hodder and Stoughton)

Hurricane Fever by Tobias Buckell (Tor Books)

Memory of Water by Emmi Itäranta (Harper Voyager)

City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett (Broadway Books)

Zero Sum Game by SL Huang (Self-Published)

The Three by Sarah Lotz (Little, Brown, and Company)

Gemsigns by Stephanie Saulter (Jo Fletcher Books)

Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie (Orbit Books)

A Stranger in Olondria by Sofia Samatar (Small Beer Press)

Into the Grey by Celine Kiernan (Candlewick Press)

The Mirror Empire by Kameron Hurley (Angry Robot Books)

Now this is the part where everyone piles on in the comments and tells me how wrong I am.  How could I have missed X book?  How could I have loved Y so much?  Bring on your questions and accusations.  I dare you!

------------------------------------------

Honorable Mention:  I Am Spock by Leonard Nemoy (Hyperion)

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

  1. Your list has lots of books I LOVED on it (Ancillary Justice, Stranger in Olondria, Mirror Empire...). Makes me want to check out all the others I haven't read here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean "Ancillary Sword" :P. And I do recommend you check out all of the others. They are well worth reading :)

      Delete